VGForums
Welcome to VGChat 2!

You'll need to log in or create a free account before connecting with a network of people who love all things gaming just as much as you.
VGForums
Welcome to VGChat 2!

You'll need to log in or create a free account before connecting with a network of people who love all things gaming just as much as you.
VGForums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VGForums

Discussing all things gaming since 2013.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Contest for the forum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JadeMahBoi
Administrator
Administrator
JadeMahBoi

Contest for the forum Empty
PostSubject: Contest for the forum   Contest for the forum Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2013, 8:26 pm

I think the forum should hold contest. Like most active user for certain period of time. stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
http://universehostings.us
Tyviette
Administrator
Administrator
Tyviette

PostSubject: Re: Contest for the forum   Contest for the forum Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 4:16 pm

Okay, glad I found this Topic. Got some great ideas you should take into account or at least consider. First off, the super-fancy appeal to the site. One, it doesn't have one solid theme. It's random stuff, really. I mean, the header image displays a fake console controller and some board game pieces, and what's with the navigation bar? The font is way too fancy and probably the cause of the slowness on here that kinda bothers me from time to time. I've worked on 27 other websites before as either a Proofreader, Editor, or Moderator, so I do have a bit of experience with site managing. Also, one of the Admins needs to do a regular proofread over all Topics, Threads, and Descriptions for either. Fixing errors like that can make it look more professional. You should also fix the header image. I don't really like it...plus it should say VGChat, not VgChat. This is all constructive criticism that I hope you can build off of. Oh, and maybe consider a post ranking system? Just about every forum has the ability. You can assign users ranks like "Bronze Rank" or "Silver Rank" or "Legendary Rank" etc. based upon how many posts they have made, or how long they have been on the site/how many days they have logged on. I really think that'd be a good little thing to do. The color scheme might need to be looked at by the way, the red links near the bottom of pages kind of stands out in a not-so-good way...maybe sky blue, or even purple would probably look better to fit. That being said, if you change the image header, make it fit the color scheme. The current one suggest green and black while it's clearly blue/red/black on the site itself. Just ideas. Oh, and is there anyway you can remove the page that tells you that your message was successfully posted? Slows down the site a lot for me. Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
Tyviette
Administrator
Administrator
Tyviette

PostSubject: Re: Contest for the forum   Contest for the forum Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2013, 4:17 pm

...One more thing....I kinda posted this in the wrong thread.

...Oops...
Back to top Go down
killz
Administrator
Administrator
killz

PostSubject: Re: Contest for the forum   Contest for the forum Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2013, 12:13 pm

You could of made this a thread and i like your suggestions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vgchat.power-rpg.com
Tyviette
Administrator
Administrator
Tyviette

PostSubject: Re: Contest for the forum   Contest for the forum Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2013, 4:57 pm

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I completely misread this thread's name.
Back to top Go down
Toxic
Forum Spokesperson II
Toxic

PostSubject: Re: Contest for the forum   Contest for the forum Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2013, 6:47 pm

I like your ideas shellrage mostly the color scheme part and the rankings
Back to top Go down
Tyviette
Administrator
Administrator
Tyviette

PostSubject: Re: Contest for the forum   Contest for the forum Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jan 2013, 5:00 pm

Yeah.

Contest ideas:

Most active user within 10 days.

Most active staff member within 10 days.

Most posts by a regular member.

Most topics by a regular member.

Most active topic/thread created by a regular member.

Most helpful member on the forums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contest for the forum   Contest for the forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Contest for the forum
Page 1 of 1